NETWORKING AND CONSULTING
Working with Vision Council provides you with access to high-level community decision-makers — our members — and the statewide network of economic development professionals – including the Enterprise Florida, Beacon Council and the Miami-Dade Empowerment Trust to name a few. Here are a few of the services we work with:
- Carrie P. Meek Center for Business — The Carrie P. Meek Center for Business is a small business incubator located in Homestead. It offers free and reduced rate services to help guide start-ups in marketing, business planning, financial structuring, legal issues and product development.
- Enterprise Community Center (ECC)— The Enterprise Community Center is operated by Miami-Dade County’s Office of Community and Economic Development (OCED). It is a “One Stop Shop,” offering free business counseling services. Counselors are available to help assess your business legal, technical and financial needs.
- Florida Manufacturing Extension Partnership (FMEP) — FMEP is your resource for manufacturing advice and assistance. The FMEP provides low-cost consulting services that can identify barriers to productivity and implement appropriate solutions.
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) — SCORE is a resource of retired executives and business owners who donate time and expertise as business counselors who provide confidential counseling and mentoring free of charge.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) — The SBDC services include free one-on-one confidential counseling, low cost entrepreneurial training and a business library.
- South Florida Workforce — South Florida Workforce is your one-stop center for labor recruiting and training assistance – to include grant funding to help pay your training costs.
Vision Council can assist you with confidential site analysis and referrals through our liaison with a network of local realtors, contractors and financial representatives. Additionally, we can provide:
- Market research, demographics and economic forecasting through our association with The Beacon Council and Enterprise Florida.
- Documentation and analysis of the local business environment as incorporated in our annual Economic Indicators Report.
PERMITTING AND REGULATORY ASSISTANCE
Access to the appropriate local permitting and development agencies will save you time when planning locating or expansion of your facility. The cities of Homestead and Florida City are both members of Vision Council and we maintain a regular contact with Miami-Dade County. We can also provide assistance with State and Federal agencies.
We work the U.S. Departments of Commerce and Agriculture, U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Enterprise Florida to provide export assistance for the International Trade community. Firms involved in international trade can enjoy substantial savings by locating in the 1,000 acre Foreign Trade Zone in East Homestead.