This image gallery requires Flash
Provide economic development actions for Homestead, Florida City, the Redlands, Naranja, the area around Homestead Air Reserve Base, and unicorporated Miami-Dade County south of SW 216th Street to Monroe County. Actions include direct assistance to relocating and expanding businesses, maintaining close liaisons with the Beacon Council and other Miami-Dade County Economic Development agencies, assisting with redevelopment of the area around Homestead Air Reserve Base, and through aggressive outreach to potential partner communities world-wide.
VISION COUNCIL: AN OVERVIEW
A public-private entity, Vision Council is a non-profit membership organization made up of local governmental, institutional, and business entities. Its funding is derived from memberships, licensing fees, and miscellaneous consulting contracts. Vision’s activities are guided by a 9-person Board of Directors who oversee and approve economic development actions of Vision Council.
Vision Council offers assistance to companies considering new or expanded operations in South Miami-Dade in the following areas:
- Business and professional contacts
- Site selection, permitting, and licensing
- Access to Financing
- Demographics and market research
- Business incentive programs
- Business support programs
- Workforce procurement
- Business plan development
- Business forums and workshops
Vision Council maintains active relationships with the following organizations.
- Enterprise Florida
- Florida Defense Alliance
- Beacon Council
- Miami-Dade Defense Alliance
- Miami-Dade Office of Economic Develpment
- Florida Economic Development Council
- Homestead/Florida City Chamber of Commerce, (Board of Directors Member)
- Perrine / Cutler-Ridge Economic Council, (Board of Directors Member)